5 Quick Tips to Get Your Home Ready for Winter
The winter months are quickly approaching, and I’m hoping that you’ll have a warm, cozy season in your home! I’m including some quick tips for making sure that you and your home are ready for the winter months ahead! I hope that you find these tips to be helpful and useful.
If you need anything at all, you can reach me at 888.733.5263 or visit my Web site at www.JaneKelly.com.
FIVE QUICK TIPS TO GET YOUR HOME READY FOR WINTER
1. Roof repairs: If you can safely get onto your roof to inspect for missing shingles or other factors that may lead to a leaky roof, now’s the time to do it! If not, call in a professional organization and have them take care of the rooftop work for you.
2. Seal it off: Inspect doors and windows to ensure that the weather-stripping is in good condition. This will keep your house warmer and cozier in the winter months.
3. Hot stuff: Make sure that your heater and ventilation systems are in good working order! Clean out accessible ducts and replace filters where necessary.
4. Chimney sweep: Creosote, a black substance that builds up in the chimney when wood is burned, can cause chimney fires. Inspect your chimney for creosote and call a chimney sweep to keep your fireplace safe and functional.
5. Gutter check: Now’s the time to clean out those rain gutters again! If you want to do it yourself, make sure that you can safely access the gutters and then scoop out any debris, blast the drains clean with a high-powered hose, and repair any leaks you may find along the way.